When you're ready to turn back on your sprinkler system in the spring, give us a call to schedule an appointment with us! We will come out to your property and perform the following start-up services:
Using our core aerator machines, we pull 1/2" to 1" plugs from your lawn opening up the soil to allow water and nutrients to better penetrate the ground which in turn develops a better root system and healthier lawn.
Schedule your next lawn aeration with us!
A: The technician will do the follow spring start up process:
They will first come to the front door to let you know they will be starting work to turn back on your sprinkler system. You do not have to be home for our technician to turn back on your sprinkler system. Most shut off valves are located in the backyard, so he will need a clear path from either side of the house. If there are any dogs on the property, they will need to be put in their kennel or inside the house.
1. The technician will turn on your sprinkler water (valve usually located below ground)
2. Next the technician will manually open up your sprinkler valves at the valve boxes and check for leaks and cracks in water lines and sprinkler heads. The technician will also adjust the spray pattern of each sprinkler head to ensure they are working properly and are providing good coverage. The technician does not need access to your sprinkler control box in your garage, however if you are home he will turn your sprinkler controller box back on and set each zone for 15 Minutes. If you are not home, it is the responsibility of the homeowner or renter to turn back on their sprinkler controller and set the proper time for each zone. You will need to adjust these times as the temperatures get warmer.
Suggestion: Water your lawn in the late evening or early morning hours to avoid increased evaporation.
3. We warranty our work. If we blew your sprinkler system out in the fall and we did not note on our work order any existing damage and we discover that a line is broken or a sprinkler head needs to be replace, we will make those repairs at no additional cost. The price for spring start up service is $65.00
4. If we didn’t provide your sprinkler blowout and we discover damage to your sprinkler system, we can provide a quote for service repairs and you can choose to have us make those repairs or not.
5. If there is extensive damage or redesign work needed, Sprinklers Blown out of Idaho may contact an affiliated company to perform the work or refer them directly to you.
We warranty our blowouts up until the first freezing temperature of 32 degrees or colder is reported anywhere in the Treasure Valley. We do not warranty any heads or piping (PVC or Metal) that is not buried in-ground and are exposed to open air including backflows, pumps, fittings and filters. We will do everything we can to properly winterize backflows by opening the test cocks, turning the ball valves to a 45 degree angle and opening the drain valve, but we will not be held liable if a break occurs. We do not warranty above-ground pumps. We will pull the drain valve and blow water out of them, but it is the responsibility of the homeowner to ensure their pump is completely dry. We strongly recommend if possible, to disconnect and remove your above ground pump and store inside. We do not warranty deep shut and drain valves. There is no way to winterize these valves and over time they can and do fail.
For sprinkler installation and repair work performed, we warranty all sprinklers parts that fail in the same season they are installed in.