A: We recommend homeowners in the Treasure Valley turn their sprinkler systems back on or after April 15th to avoid any possibility of sprinkler damage due to potential late freezing temperatures. If your sub-division is on pressurized irrigation, most areas have water flowing around this time of the year. In order to check and adjust your sprinkler heads we would ask that you have us come after your water has been turned back on. Contact your homeowners association to verify that your pressurized irrigation is pumping water. If you are on city or well water your sprinkler system is ready to accept water and be turned back on.
A: The technician will do the follow spring start up process:
They will first come to the front door to let you know they will be starting work to turn back on your sprinkler system. You do not have to be home for our technician to turn back on your sprinkler system. Most shut off valves are located in the backyard, so he will need a clear path from either side of the house. If there are any dogs on the property, they will need to be put in their kennel or inside the house.
1. The technician will turn on your sprinkler water (valve usually located below ground)
2. Next the technician will manually open up your sprinkler valves at the valve boxes and check for leaks and cracks in water lines and sprinkler heads. The technician will also adjust the spray pattern of each sprinkler head to ensure they are working properly and are providing good coverage. The technician does not need access to your sprinkler control box in your garage, however if you are home he will turn your sprinkler controller box back on and set each zone for 15 Minutes. If you are not home, it is the responsibility of the homeowner or renter to turn back on their sprinkler controller and set the proper time for each zone. You will need to adjust these times as the temperatures get warmer.
Suggestion: Water your lawn in the late evening or early morning hours to avoid increased evaporation.
3. We warranty our work. If we blew your sprinkler system out in the fall and we did not note on our work order any existing damage and we discover that a line is broken or a sprinkler head needs to be replace, we will make those repairs at no additional cost. The price for spring start up service is $65.00
4. If we didn’t provide your sprinkler blowout and we discover damage to your sprinkler system, we can provide a quote for service repairs and you can choose to have us make those repairs or not.
5. If there is extensive damage or redesign work needed, Sprinklers Blown out of Idaho may contact an affiliated company to perform the work or refer them directly to you.
If you are ready to have your sprinklers turned back on, please fill out this form below. Price of service: $65.00.